|Posted on April 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM||comments (1)|
Why dogs are amazing!
Why are dogs amazing?
Their bravery shines working with police officers sniffing out drugs and finding criminals or lost victims in search and rescue.
They are an extra set of eyes leading the blind as guide dogs, or various other services to help people, such as alerting an owner to a seizure coming. Or they can be a pillow for a shoulder to cry on as an emotional support animal.
They are very helpful for farmers by herding or guar...Read Full Post »
|Posted on March 3, 2019 at 9:40 AM||comments (2)|
10 FACTS FOR RABBIT CARE
When we think of pets we typically think of dogs, cats, and hamsters. Also, many exotics come to mind like reptiles and birds. There are a variety of animals out there that match a lot of the criteria people are looking for in a pet. Have you ever thought about a rabbit?
Here are 10 facts that you should know!
1. They can live 7 to 10 years.
2. Rabb...Read Full Post »
|Posted on February 5, 2019 at 9:05 AM||comments (0)|
The bark about Bark box!
The first Bark box I received six months ago was everything I expected. Inside were two bags of treats made in the U.S.A or Canada, one natural chew and two squeak toys. Every box featured a different theme.
Their website walked me through step by step on how to customize a box. When customizing the box, it allows you to pick the size and durability level to match your dogs needs. Box pricing varied, but included free shipping.
Every month I ...Read Full Post »
|Posted on January 10, 2019 at 10:45 PM||comments (0)|
It is a beautiful summer morning, the sun is shining, and you and your faithful dog are walking at your favorite park. With slack in the leash, it is a peaceful walk. Suddenly, a deer takes off running while another dog approaching is lunging and barking at your dog, but you still have slack in the leash. No this is not a dream, this can be your reality. Loose leash walking is possible with training and patience.
If you don’t want your dog to drag you around on leash, the rul...Read Full Post »
|Posted on June 21, 2015 at 10:40 PM||comments (0)|
Cats and Dogs.
Ever wonder why cant and dogs seem to hate each other? Cats have a very different way of using body language than dogs do, so much of the trouble comes from miscommunication. Misreading the other species can lead to an attack on either end. Here are some examples of how the body language differs.
...Read Full Post »
|Posted on February 23, 2015 at 8:40 PM||comments (0)|
What does the dog's tail really mean?
Many people believe that a dog that is wagging it's tail must be friendly. This is a common misconception that unfortunately leads to a bite sometimes.
Tail positions have different meanings.
- High tail: A dog that is carrying a high tail can mean the dog is feeling confident, powerful, secure, or dominant. This high carriag...
|Posted on February 9, 2015 at 5:30 PM||comments (0)|
Here are a few foods to avoid giving your cat.
- Tuna: Some tuna is fine, but as its only diet it can cause mercury poisoning, malnutrition, and addiction to tuna.
- Onions/Garlic/Chives: Cause gastrointestinal upset. Onions can break down red blood cells causing anemia.
- Milk: They are lactose intolerant so it causes upset tummy and diarrhea.
- Alcohol: Damages liver and brain. 2 tsp of whiskey can cause coma in a 5 po...
|Posted on January 26, 2015 at 1:10 PM||comments (0)|
Most everyone likes to give their dog treats, but here is a list of foods to avoid giving your dog.
- Avocado: Contains persin that can cause vomitting and diarrhea.
- Alcohol: Can cause intoxication, coma, and sometimes death. They can handle less alcohol than you.
- Bones: Can cause obstruction or laceration of the digestive tract.