Job Description: Part time pet sitter/dog walker. Do you love and understand animals? Do you enjoy working outdoors? Do you want to get paid to care for pets? If so, please read on.
About Kara’s Critter Care, LLC: Kara’s Critter Care, LLC is an insured and bonded in home professional pet sitting and dog walking service that has been serving Monroe and Lucas Counties since June, 2012. We provide friendly and dependable pet care in the comfort of their own home. We will care for pets in the client’s own home 1-4 times daily to check on their furry family members. We provide play, love and routine care.
Due to rapid growth of KCC, LLC, I am seeking an individual to join the staff as a pet sitter/dog walker. Must be available middays and evenings and be able to do visits 3-4 times daily per client, and some holidays. I ask that you commit to at least 1 year so the clients have consistency in who is caring for their pets. Due to the nature of this work, schedules will vary so I need someone with a flexible availability. Work is based on need.
Current cities that we service are: Temperance; Lambertville; Erie; Petersberg; Ottawa Lake; Toledo; and Sylvania. The client must live within 10 miles of Jackman and Temperance Road intersection.
Salary: Starting pay would be $11 per visit. Visits last 20-30 minutes.
Position: Pet sitter/dog walker: Visit the owner’s home 1-4 times a day for vacationers. Midday walks between 10am and 3pm.
- Be on time, responsible, dependable, and upbeat.
- Alert pet parent of anything medical or behavioral that needs attention.
- Provide a log (fun and creative) like pics/videos to leave or text to pet parent. Also, must leave time of arrival in the message on our software.
- Ensure that pet has a great time: Creative walks, opportunities for play, giving pet love. You’re not having fun, they aren’t either.
- Follow guidelines: how much food, water, exercise, etc. that pet parent asks for.
- Communicate with Kara to ensure business runs smoothly. Must be able to respond to texts in a timely fashion, it is our main way of communication.
- Submit ideas for blogs and other social media engagement.
- Submit ideas for marketing.
- Call Kara on first and last visit of vacation pet sits.
- 21 years or older
- Makes great first impressions
- Sense of humor
- Exceptional communicator
- Works well under pressure
- Fast and enthusiastic learner
- Creative problem solver
- Willingness to learn animal handling
- Keep info in confidence
- Team player
- Experience with animals, especially difficult ones, and behavior problems
- Smart phone
- Reliable car with insurance
- You must be able to physically walk or lift large dogs, clean bodily waste, and deal with inclement weather.
- Work weekends on an as needed basis.
- Work holidays (not required to do all)
- Self-manage a busy schedule
- Be able to administer meds
- Pet First Aid from Red Cross preferred
Hiring: Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com with the subject as Pet sitter/Dog walker.
Selected candidates will be sent an application. Please send this back to the address that will be sent to you with the application.
Then interviews will take place with the top candidates.